THEMPC have the complete end to end solution, we don’t just produce your products we can also package, store, fulfil & distribute them taking care of every element for you.
How often do you find yourselves or see your team sorting through marketing materials in preparation for an events or exhibitions? This is time we can give you back!
At THEMPC Ltd we have a team of skilled staff who spend all day, every day, managing clients stock and distributing it for them globally.
Post Brexit Shipping to the EU
We are only midway through January and horror stories are already hitting the news of issues shipping to the EU post Brexit.
Shipping to Europe is no different to shipping to the rest of the world however it is important to ensure that all of your paperwork is in order. If you are unfamiliar with international shipping when providing your shipment information to your chosen courier you need to ensure you include a commercial invoice which has been completed correctly.
The Commercial Invoice should clearly include:
- Sender’s name, address and contact details.
- Receiver’s name and address.
- Date of invoice (shipping date).
- Full description of each item of goods supplied to enable correct Customs Tariff Classification (catalogue and part numbers are not sufficient to describe the goods).
- Special note: If your parcel contains multiple items, please list all items on a separate sheet and attach it to the invoice. To avoid delays ensure the inventory is typewritten, detailed and accurate.
- VAT number: Enter the sender’s VAT number if applicable.
- EORI number: Enter the sender’s EORI number if applicable.
- Country of origin (where manufactured) of each type of goods being supplied.
- HS Tariff code. Please include this information (if known) also referred to as “commodity code”. In the absence of a Tariff being provided, a full and accurate description of goods MUST be supplied.
- Quantity of each item of goods supplied.
- Clearly state currency in which the value of goods is expressed.
- Total value of all goods covered by the invoice.
- Gross weight (including packaging), net weight (excluding packaging) and number of items.
- The following statement must appear “I declare all of the information to be true to the best of my knowledge”.
- The invoice must be signed and dated. Please note that 4 copies of the Commercial Invoice should be printed, completed, signed and dated prior to our driver picking up the parcel.
Ensuring that you complete a commercial invoice correctly will avoid:
- Delayed Delivery: your shipment(s) may not be delivered on time as it could be held up going through the customs process.
- Additional Work: you will have to arrange the correct documentation in line with customs legislation; taking you away from your core business activities.
- Extra Charges: you are likely to incur additional charges to complete the delivery of your shipment.
- Poor Customer Experience: if your shipment is delayed then this could damage your reputation with your customers and lead to loss of business.
We understand this can be very daunting and we are aware of some companies holding back shipments ‘whilst the dust settles’ but we understand you can’t put your business on hold and as such if anything is unclear or you would like to discuss THEMPC managing the production, fulfilment and global distribution of your marketing collaterals please get in touch with us by calling 01256 352415.
Our warehousing facilities currently sits comfortably at about 200 or so pallets. We do however have the flexibility to increase this almost overnight for both short or long term contracts.
Ultimately if you have any issues that cause you a headache or take you away from concentrating on your core business, then we need to know about it. We could be the missing piece of your puzzle!
If you would like to visit our facility to better understand how our processes work or if you would like us to come to you in order to review your current set-up please call us on 01256 352415 and ask to speak to one of our sales team or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to working with you.