In the modern fast-paced world, it is becoming increasingly difficult for brands to stand out and be counted. It is easy to think that everyone is connected digitally and those more tangible elements of the marketing mix are easily overlooked. Brands, however, are constantly searching for new ways to connect with their audience and items of promotional merchandise offer the perfect opportunity to get their message across.
It helps that research has found a direct link between promotional product advertising and an increase in brand recognition. Here are some statistics from The British Promotional Merchandise Association to back things up:
- 87% of people keep a promotional item for a year or longer
- 69% can recall the brand on a promotional item sent to them within the last 12 months
- 56% of people said their impression of a brand improved after receiving a branded item
What do we mean by promotional merchandise?
Promotional products are every day, practical items that feature your corporate branding and thus help you to convey to your audience what your brand is all about. Examples of promotional merchandise include:
- Mouse Mats
What are the benefits of using promotional products?
- Your brand will be more recognisable, simply by reaching a wider audience and acting as a constant reminder to the recipients that you are there when they need you.
- You can reach a wider audience cost effectively – these products may have a low price tag but they have a lasting impact as they are often kept by the recipient for longer than 12 months
- They help to keep your brand in mind, with items such as pens and cups being used on a daily basis, your brand name is never far from the recipient’s thoughts.
- They make great giveaways at events, exhibitions or even as competition prizes
- They can also be used internally within an organisation to reinforce brand identity
Promotional products don’t just have to be used as standalone marketing campaigns, in fact they often work best when tied in to a larger marketing strategy – for example increasing brand recognition online as well as offline by printing items with your website address.
For more advice on how to include promotional merchandise in your marketing strategy please contact The MPC on 01256 352415.